Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Daily Office readings for 08/16/2005

Mark 11:27-12:12

27 Again they came to Jerusalem. As he was walking in the temple, the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders came to him 28and said, 'By what authority are you doing these things? Who gave you this authority to do them?'

This the question of our day. ECUSA, by what authority are you doing these things?

Some possible answers:
1. By the authority of my feelings.
2. By the authority of society.
3. By the authority of my world view.
4. By the authority of the Holy Spirit. NOT
5. By the authority of my left wing extreme, elitest sub-culture.
6. By the authority of the spirit of this age.
7. My mommy told me to always play nicely with my friends.

Feel free to add your own answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons for the current state of confusion in ECUSA these days is the substitution of therapy for theology. My feelings and experiences have come to replace the authority of scripture, holy tradition and informed reason as the source of authority in the Church. This and a lack of a central teaching ministerium is a fundamental reason for the apostasy and heresy that is eating away at the soul of Anglicanism.