Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

We did something completely different for the Thanksgiving holiday this year. We met my wife's brother and sister in Las Vegas. Yes, Las Vegas, Nevada. Sin City itself.

Now I have first hand knowledge on why the nickname of Sin City. I saw in those around me, but worst of all, in me, the following seven grievous sins:

1. Pride - I can beat the odds and win this game.
2. Greed - I want something for nothing and the more the better.
3. Lust - My those girls look good.
4. Anger - Why can't I win that jackpot
5. Gluttony - Those buffet's were good.
6. Envy - How come he won on the machine I was playing all night.
7. Sloth - I am too lazy to get away from this machine.

The truth is there is nothing special about Las Vegas. The same sins are present in every city. It's just that it seems a little easier there.

Having said that, I must add that we had a good time with the family. We saw some awesome shows and walked farther than I have in a long time without swinging a golf club.

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

No comments: