Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Griswold meets Castro - Part 2

My previous post, "Griswold meets Castro" was right on. The Episcopal News Service published a sermon Griswold gave in Cuba.

Cuba: Presiding Bishop's sermon affirms reconciliation

It is Frank's usual "can't we just get along" sermon. Of course, he blames the U.S. government for the poverty in Cuba.

"...Also, I have been saddened to see the suffering caused by the policies of my country’s government."

"The ministry of reconciliation strikes a particular chord for me in Cuba as I witness the devastating effects of the Blockade. My country’s policies have driven wedges though your country, wedges that are profoundly at odds with the Scriptural call to unity among all people in Christ. The U.S. embargo has helped fuel inhumane poverty among your people, brought large parts of your magnificent cities and infrastructure to ruins, and cut off Cuban families from the support – financial and otherwise – of their loved ones in the United States. "

"For my country to repent, we must acknowledge that we bear a great deal of the responsibility for the suffering and pain endured by your country over the last forty years."

Hey Frank, the suffering in Cuba was not caused by the U.S. It was caused by Castro and his policies. Castro is the one who needs to repent.

No comments: