Monday, April 17, 2006

"This is for you Jesus"


Baddeley Wins Verizon Heritage for First PGA Tour Title

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - Aaron Baddeley began the day in the most perfect place he could imagine, on Harbour Town's lighthouse closing hole speaking about his Christian faith.

He called on that faith hours later Sunday on the same hole, repeating part of a New Testament verse as he stood over the winning 6-foot par putt in the final round of the Verizon Heritage.

"I said, 'This is for you Jesus,' and knocked it in," Baddeley said.


While watching this on TV, I was taken back by the commentators references to Aaron's faith. I know of other pro golfers who are Christians, but the CBS crew just could not mention it enough about Aaron. Perhaps it was the timing of the event, finishing on Easter day. I don't know. Every year there is a PGA event on Easter weekend. My guess is that other Christian's have won those events in the past. So, why the special attention now?

I do know that I have a new golfer to route for. Go Baddeley!!

No comments: