Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Put up yer dukes

The Washington Times reports - "Gay Bishop Backs Planned Parenthood"

I am shocked that a man of "peace", a man of the cloth, a man with a pointy hat would use such fightin' words as these:

"Our defense against religious people has to be a religious defense. ... We must use people of faith to counter the faith-based arguments against us," he said.

"We have allowed the Bible to be taken hostage, and it is being wielded by folks who would use it to hit us over the head. We have to take back those Scriptures,"

But this quote takes the cake: "What an unimaginative God it would be if God only put one meaning in any verse of Scripture," Excuse me, how many meanings are there in this verse, "Thou shalt not murder" ?

And if that wasn't bad enough, he said this, "I know, in the end, that I'm going to heaven, and so are you," he said. "You and I can do this work no matter how hard it gets, because we know we're going home." I shouldn't be, but I am still amazed at the audacity of some people. If they all do make it to heaven, I wonder what they will say to the millions of children unable to live a life in this world because of there actions.

Lord have mercy.

No comments: