Friday, December 23, 2005

Scholars say....

While channel surfing the other night, I came across a program about Christmas. The interviewer was asking certain "scholars" about the gospel accounts of the birth of Jesus. Were they historical accounts or were they something else? The "scholars" gave their opinions. Most of them were of the opinion that the gospel accounts were NOT historical. The reasons given were the usual left wing extremist, naturalist, atheist view that the gospel writers had other motives than to give a factual historic account of the birth of Jesus. Anyone with half a brain knows that a virgin cannot conceive, therefore something else is being said by the writers.

There was nothing new here. I have heard it all before. What was particularily troubling however was the fact that these so called scholars are university professors teaching this garbage to young minds full of mush. It is no wonder the church is in the condition it is. Students attending schools thinking they are preparing for the ministry, are being taught things as truth which actually destroy their faith in The Truth.

Then I come across this article by an Episcopal priest(ess). The Earthly Father - What if Mary wasn't a virgin? This article shows that my fears have come upon me. This is an old debate, but it is disconcerting when those who should know better, the ones wearing the collars and the pointy hats, are the ones spewing this nonsense.

Then I read this, Jesus the Bastard? Check it out, since I couldn't say it any better myself.

No comments: